Start-up eco-system in Chandigarh
Chandigarh - ‘The City Beautiful’, is an appropriate mix of entrepreneurial spirit (many big business houses are here) and government employees (being the two-state capital).
Chandigarh is first planned Indian city, wide roads, efficient administration and good infrastructure and well educated and well-off residents. It is 2nd highest per capita income city in India. It boasts of educational hub with fine mix of engineering, architecture, medical, management and arts colleges and universities. It also has higher education institute like reputed Indian School of Business.
Chandigarh boasts of an emerging IT Park and along with its sister cities – Mohali and Panchkula (together known as Tricity) – is home to some major multinational corporations like Quark, Infosys, Dell, IBM, and TechMahindra.
Chandigarh is in close proximity to Haryana, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh and attracts a lot of talent from these states. The availability of a large number of motivated and talented people ready to take up new roles and responsibilities is one of the biggest advantages that the city provides.
Morpheus is the India’s first private sector incubator and is from this city. It has 80 odd startups including CommonFloor, Practo, and Akosha. ‘The Hatch’ (now defunct) founded by Puneet Vatsayan was another incubator that grew out of Chandigarh. In-fact Flipkart founders Bansals belong to this city.
Some of the prominent names in the start-up from Chandigarh are
- uTrade Solutions - a financial trading technology startup
- Jugnoo - auto rental and food delivery startup
- Exito Gourmet – Food Delivery
- Bulbul – Beauty service on demand
- Bistro Offers – Restaurant offers on mobile
- Soulbowl – Groceries delivery (like BigBasket.com)
- DSDInfoSec - Network Security
- MobiProbe - Efficient App Diagnostics
- INOEVE - Internet of Everything
- Naukri Se Pareshan - Exciting opportunities beyond office life
- Olai - A flexible static pages engine
plus more than 100 more start-ups
- · High availability of youngsters (due to large number of educational institutes)
- · Some of the big corporates in IT
- · Better living standard than tier 1 cities
- · Low attrition
- · Entrepreneurial spirit due to presence of historical business community in Punjab and Haryana
- · Efficient administration with great infrastructure